What is Ulysses?
Ulysses is a text editor for creative writers. Used by bloggers, poets, students and published novelists all over the world, it offers an integrated environment to brainstorm, draft, revise and even submit text on a professional level.
Based around the concept of non-linear, semantic text editing, Ulysses provides a truly distraction-free and fully focused experience, without sacrificing any advanced features.
It’s got everything you expect from a modern text editor – and then some:
- Tabbed, single-window interface
- Semantic text editing
- True separation of presentation and content
- Console mode (aka “distraction-free writing environment”)
- Extensible export (PDF, DOC, RTF, TXT, HTML, ePub)
- Project-wide, term-centric search & replace
- Multiple document and project notes
- Counters for characters, words & pages
- Configurable metadata (Status, Label, Dates)
- Integrated backup
- Filters, groups and document collections
- Coherent document previews
- Text trash
- Typewriter scrolling
- Bookmarks and style-jumpers
- Project templates
- English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Swedish, Norwegian, Hungarian and Czech localizations
- 4.47 avg rating
Comments and Reviews
Said about Ulysses as an alternative
this app is the most similar
One word OS. You can separate parts then view them as one document. It doesn't work in OS but you have simple Synch and when you go back to your desktop view the work as a whole there.