What is pngquant?
pngquant is a command-line utility and a library for lossy compression of PNG images.
The conversion reduces file sizes significantly (often as much as 70%) and preserves full alpha transparency. Generated images are compatible with all modern web browsers, and have better fallback in IE6 than 24-bit PNGs. Features
- High-quality palette generation using a combination of vector quantization algorithms.
- Unique adaptive dithering algorithm that adds less noise to images than the standard Floyd-Steinberg.
- Easy to integrate with shell scripts, GUIs and server-side software.
- Fast mode for processing large numbers of images.
- Developed byKornel Lesinski and contributors
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- Alternatives59 alternatives listed
Our users have written 0 comments and reviews about pngquant, and it has gotten 13 likes