The Best GameMaker Legacy AlternativesTop Game Development Tools and other similar apps like GameMaker Legacy
Godot Engine is a feature-packed, cross-platform game engine to create 2D and 3D games from a unified interface. It provides a comprehensive set of common tools, so that users can focus on making games without having to reinvent the wheel.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to GameMaker Legacy.
- - Godot Engine is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to GameMaker Legacy.
Godot Engine Features
- LightweightGodot Engine consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableGodot Engine can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineGodot Engine can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Godot Engine, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- MultiplayerGodot Engine offers a game mode for more than one player.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Godot Engine without registration.
- Ad-freeGodot Engine doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Support for scriptingGodot Engine supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- Dark ModeGodot Engine supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Comments about Godot Engine as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacyAlmost everyone thinks Godot Engine is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative.Guest
It's open source and amazing in some ways. It's totally free. It has it's own features and downsides but overall for me it's an amazing tool.4Guest
Uses Python. Easy to learn. Nodes system very powerful.-3
Unity is a multi-platform game development tool, designed from the start to ease creation. A fully integrated professional application, Unity offers the free Personal Edition with all features, a Plus subscription at 25$ a month and a Pro subscription at 125$ a month with extra...Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Unity as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacyMost users think Unity is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative.Guest
It has a great physics engine and powerful c# scripting1
GDevelop is an open-source game making software designed to be used by everyone. Any kind of 2D games can be created with it and no programming skills are required to get started. Logic of games are made using visual events.
Suggest and vote on features
- - GDevelop is the most popular Web-based, Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to GameMaker Legacy.
Comments about GDevelop as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacyAlmost everyone thinks GDevelop is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative.Guest
Similar to GameMaker: Studio and Construct 2, GDevelop allows you to develop software, particularly games, for Windows, Mac, Linux and HTML 5. It allows you to program your apps and games using an event-based system, just like Construct 2.0
Unreal Engine is a professional suite of tools and technologies used for building high-quality games across a range of platforms. Unreal Engine’s rendering architecture enables developers to achieve stunning visuals and also scale elegantly to lower-end systems.Suggest and vote on features
Unreal Engine Features
- Node BasedUnreal Engine supports node editing, a form of visual programming that gives you full control over the rendering.
- No Coding RequiredUnreal Engine can be used without an coding or programming skills.
- Support for scriptingUnreal Engine supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
Opinions about Unreal Engine as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacySome users think Unreal Engine is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative, some don't.
Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web. As young people create and share Scratch projects, they learn important mathematical and computational ideas...Suggest and vote on features
Comments about Scratch as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacySome users think Scratch is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative, some don't.all • positive • negative relevance • dateGuest
It Is Easy To Use And It Works On All Devices!2Guest
it is a good name for beginners on game making2Guest
Scratch is a program to learn kids how to code0Guest
Its the best! i use it to make animations and A LOT of other things0Guest
For starters, it is a web application, it is also not even coding,-7Show more comments ▾5 of 6 comments
Hi there! LÖVE is an awesome framework you can use to make 2D games in Lua. It's free, open-source, and works on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android and iOS.Suggest and vote on features
Opinions about LÖVE as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacyMost users think LÖVE is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative.
The RPG Maker software series is a set of game creation suites aimed at easy 2D role playing game creation. With an emphasis on JRPG gameplay mechanics, the suites typically include map, tile and sprite editors, character, encounter and dialog tools, among countless other...
Suggest and vote on features
- - RPG Maker is the most popular commercial alternative to GameMaker Legacy.
RPG Maker Features
Opinions about RPG Maker as a Alternative to GameMaker LegacyMost users think RPG Maker is a great GameMaker Legacy alternative.
The most powerful game development platform is now available to everyone. Full engine source code. All features. No royalties. No obligations. No license fee.Suggest and vote on features
Comments about CRYENGINE as a Alternative to GameMaker Legacypros, cons and recent commentsGuest
it's AMAZING software for free, what's better? =)0
Scirra Construct is a 2D game development engine with a focus on building games visually. No programming is required though the software uses a visual method for event handling that relies on programming concepts like variables, loops and conditions.Suggest and vote on features
Construct 2 FeaturesDiscontinued
Construct 2 was taken off of the market in July 1, 2020, full support will be ceased in July 1, 2021.https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/buy-construct?action=c2retirement