Make your job easier with Adobe Acrobat DC, the trusted PDF creator. Use Acrobat to convert, edit, and sign PDF files at your desk or on the go.
- - Adobe Acrobat DC is the most popular Web-based, Windows & Mac alternative to FreeOCR.
- - Adobe Acrobat DC is the most popular commercial alternative to FreeOCR.
Adobe Acrobat DC Features
ABBYY FineReader PDF is an OCR software that provides unmatched text recognition accuracy and conversion capabilities, virtually eliminating retyping and reformatting of documents. Up to 190 languages are supported for text recognition.
ABBYY FineReader PDF Features
Opinions about ABBYY FineReader PDF as a Alternative to FreeOCR
gImageReader is a simple Gtk/Qt front-end to the Tesseract OCR Engine.
- - GImageReader is the most popular Linux alternative to FreeOCR.
- - GImageReader is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to FreeOCR.
OpenScan is an open source app that enables users to scan hardcopies of documents or notes and convert it to PDF or JPEG files. Its motto is "No ads. No data collection. We respect your privacy.".
- - OpenScan is the most popular Android alternative to FreeOCR.
Not under active development.https://github.com/ethereal-developers/OpenScan#psa
CamScanner turns your phone into a portable scanner. Archive all your paper documents, receipts, notes, whiteboard discussions anywhere and anytime. Camscanner's Smart Image cropping and Image enhancement algorithm ensures the scanned images are perfectly clear and...
- - CamScanner is the most popular iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to FreeOCR.
Copy, paste and translate text from any image, video or PDF.
Scan anything into a PDF using your mobile device. Scan documents, whiteboards, forms, receipts and more with the new Adobe Scan.
Pocket Scanner Ultimate is the stand-alone version of Kdan’s Pocket Scanner series. Search “Pocket Scanner Cloud” in the App Store and try out the app & cloud services for free!
Pocket Scanner Features
OwlOCR offers simple optical character recognition of text in PDF files, images or on-screen and converts that to plain text. All conversion is done securely on-device - none of your images or files are sent to third-party services in the cloud as most applications do.