F2 is a cross-platform command-line tool for batch renaming files and directories quickly and safely. Written in Go!
- Free • Open Source
- File Renamer
- Exif Renamer
- Mp3 Tag Editor
What is F2?
- F2 helps you organise your filesystem through batch renaming so that your files and directories can have a consistent naming scheme.
- It offers a comprehensive set of renaming options, and scales well from trivial string replacements to more complex operations involving regular expressions.
- F2 prioritises correctness and safety by ensuring that a renaming operation does not result in conflicts or errors. It runs several validations before carrying out a renaming operation, and provides an easy way to automatically fix any detected conflicts.
- F2 supports all the standard renaming recipes including (but not limited to) string replacement, insertion of text as a prefix, suffix or other position in the file name, stripping a set of characters, changing the case of a set of letters, using auto incrementing numbers, swapping parts of the file name, e.t.c.
- F2 provides several built-in variables for added flexibility in the renaming process. These variables are based on file attributes such as Exif information for images, and ID3 tags for audio files. F2 also supports utilising tags from the popular exiftool which should cover most use cases.
- F2 is very fast and won't waste your time. See benchmarks.
- F2 allows you to revert any renaming operation performed with the program. This means you don't have to worry about making a mistake because you can always get back to the previous state without breaking a sweat.
- F2 has good test coverage with equal attention paid to all supported platforms (Linux, Windows and macOS).
- F2 is well documented so that you won't have to scratch your head while figuring out what you can do with it. Lots of realistic examples are provided to aid comprehension.
- 649 Stars
- 27 Forks
- 5 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
No comments or reviews, maybe you want to be first?Post a comment/review
- Exif Renamer