Deskreen turns any device to a second screen for your computer.
- Free • Open Source
- Screen Mirroring App
What is Deskreen?
Deskreen turns any device with a web browser to a second screen for your computer
Deskreen is an electron.js based application that uses WebRTC to make a live stream of your desktop to a web browser on any device. It is built on top of Electron React Boilerplate For better security mechanism, end-to-end encryption is implemented, which is inspired by darkwire.io. The difference is that it is rewritten in Typescript and transformed to use node-forge instead of window.crypto.subtle. Why this was made? Because a client served with http without SSL, which makes window.crypto.subtle unavailable.
- Second Screen: Use any device with a web browser as a second screen for your computer (with Display Dummy Plug).
- Share Screen: Share your computer entire screen to any device that has a web browser.
- Share App View: Limit Deskreen to share only a single application view to any device with a web browser.
- WiFi Compatible: Deskreen is smart to share screen view over WIFI. No cables needed.
- Multiple Devices Support: Connect as many devices as you want at the same time. Share your screen to all of them
- Advanced Video Quality Control: You can change picture quality while sharing a screen. Auto quality change supported.
- Easy to Use: Three easy steps to connect with a deskreen. User oriented design with features that you need.
- Secure: Deskreen was built with security in mind. It uses an industry starndard of End-to-end encryption.
- Fast: Depending on your WiFi speed Deskreen works fast providing you with a good user experience.
- 14,163 Stars
- 768 Forks
- 83 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
I like Deskreen because it's fast, free and open source!
Very intrusive popup ! Not working and seem it's not possible to extend the screen.
Can this app allow me to use iMac 2017 model running on Mojave as a secondary display for M1 MacBook Air?