The most popular alternative is GIMP, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Pixlr so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Pixlr alternatives are Adobe Photoshop (Paid), Paint.NET (Free Personal), Affinity Photo (Paid) and Photopea (Free).
- Free Photo Editing Software for PC
- Pixelsque's goal is to be as simple as possible, while still retaining many powerful features. It works like any standard pixel art editor, with a pen, eraser, and shapes.
- You can use it to view your photographs and improve them. Showfoto is the standalone image editor of the digiKam project.
- GPS (aka Gimp Paint Studio) is a collection of brushes, patterns, color gradients, accompanying tool presets and dynamics.
- Photoline is a professional image editor which offers creatives a mostly non-destructive workflow for 8/16/32bpc image processing and compositing in RGB, CMYK, and Lab modes.
Full vector editing, DTP features, and a HSV/HIS workflow are supported. .
- Facetune gives you the ability to retouch and add artistic flair to selfies and portraits with ease, from the convenience of your iPhone.
- In addition to being totally portable, Fotografix has a ridiculously small footprint. Its a 370Kb download and about 700Kb once extracted.
- Microsofts professional illustration vector and raster graphic design tool for web images. More oriented towards editing web graphics and creating XAML rather than print graphics.
- PhoXo is small and free image editing application. It's tiny, fast, easy to use, can be treated as a mini PhotoShop.
- Livebrush is a drawing application. It employs an easy-to-use brush tool that reacts to your gestures through the use of velocity and other motion controls.