Creating an ISO to be burned on to a disc can come in handy when needing to install certain legacy software or for friends or family members running older computer hardware or operating systems that need to install certain content by running an ISO off of a disc. Software supporting ISO creation includes MagicISO and AcetoneISO.
- ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application, available in 39 languages.
Even if the developer, in a post on the official forum dated February 2015 (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/21614-imgburn-v2580-released/page-2#entry155228), said the project is not dead, the last version of ImgBurn, 220.127.116.11, was released years ago, on the 16th June 2013. It can be still downloaded from the official website and works on Windows 10.
The installer contains bundled adware. Be careful during the installation: Forum
- Free • Proprietary
- Alcohol is a powerful Windows CD and DVD burning software that makes it easy to create backups of DVDs* and CDs.
The free version of Alcohol 52% contains an optional adware toolbar bundled. It also installs Smart File Advisor without allowing you to uncheck this option during setup.
- Paid • Proprietary
- PowerISO is a powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files...
- XBoot is a easy-to-use utility for creating Multiboot USB/ISO.You may have seen many bootable ISO files like Linux live CDs , Antivirus rescue CDs etc.
The project is no longer developed since 2013. Last version, 1.0 Beta 14, released in July 2011, can be still downloaded from the official website.
- Free • Proprietary
- ISO Workshop is a free Windows desktop application specifically designed to facilitate ISO image management and conversion, as well as CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc burning and copying operations.
Installer defaults to installing ByteFence and Yahoo search extension, there is an option to not install these.
- Free Personal • Proprietary