What is penguins-eggs?
penguins-eggs is a console utility, in active development, who let you to remaster your system and redistribuite it as iso images or from the lan via PXE remote boot.
The scope of this project is to implement the process of remastering your version of Linux, generate it as ISO image to burn on a CD/DVD or copy to a usb key to boot your system. You can also boot your egg - via remote boot - on your LAN.
All it is written in pure typescript, so ideally can be used with differents Linux distros. Yes, there are big differences about package manager used, but not so much in the way to work of bash and various programs used to build the iso.
penguins-eggs, at the moment 2020 september 13 is a mature tool, yes can have again same troubles for people not in confidence with Linux system administration, but can be already extremely usefull, You can easily create your organization/school version of Linux and deploy it on your LAN, give it to your friends as usb key or publish eggs in the internet!
You can try now penguins-eggs, it is a console utility - no GUI - but don't be scared, penguins-eggs is a console command - really very simple - if you are able to open a terminal, you can use it.
penguins-eggs Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Ad-freepenguins-eggs doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Rolling Releasepenguins-eggs supports updates that are continuously rolled out, rather than in batches of versions.
- Dark Modepenguins-eggs supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Portablepenguins-eggs can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in penguins-eggs without registration.
- Lightweightpenguins-eggs consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfacepenguins-eggs either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No Trackingpenguins-eggs will not track you or use your personal data.
- Privacy focusedpenguins-eggs is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Developed byPiero Proietti
- LicensingOpen Source (GPL-2.0) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 5
- Alternatives5 alternatives listed
- 345 Stars
- 38 Forks
- 8 Open Issues
Our users have written 3 comments and reviews about penguins-eggs, and it has gotten 3 likes