What is xplorer²?
xplorer² is a desktop file manager combining the simplicity of windows explorer with the speed and efficiency of traditional dual pane orthodox file managers, helping you be productive with your documents, pictures, music, source code and other files.
- Full shell namespace browser
- Dual panes and folder tabs
- Preview documents, images, music etc.
- Desktop search using all file attributes
- Folder sizes and disk space visualization
- Synchronize folder contents
- Search for duplicate files to free space
- Advanced copy, delete and rename operations
- Filename color coding
- Execute custom commands (even DOS)
- Fully customizable
- Modern ribbon UI or traditional menu bar
- Everyday efficiency and control
- Manage large folders with ease
- Lightweight system resource use
- Native 32/64 bit and Unicode versions
Comments and Reviews
Recent user activities on xplorer²
- edited xplorer²
- reviewed xplorer²pros: Performance is good and RAM usage is decent. Considering the downsides related to the UI below, I was surprised that Miller columns were built in. cons: The problem is that due to the outdated UI that was only usable in the early 2000s, the overall UX is less intuitive and less accessible and difficult. For example, bookmarks cannot create folders. If you cannot create folders, how do you manage many bookmarks folders? Overall, it lacks advanced features for a paid app. It doesn't have the bulk file renaming feature found in other free explorer apps. It seems that it can be done with a script, but it seems very difficult for first-time users to use. It's hard to use anymore, so I guess I'll have to stop here. I will write more reviews later.
- added Tabbed interface as a feature to xplorer²