VidShot Capturer AlternativesScreen Casting & Screenshot Capture Tools like VidShot Capturer
SimpleScreenRecorder is a Linux screen recorder that supports X11 and OpenGL. It is easy to use, feature-rich, and has a Qt-based graphical user interface. It can record the entire screen or part of it, or record OpenGL applications directly.
Suggest and vote on features
- - SimpleScreenRecorder is the most popular Linux alternative to VidShot Capturer.
- - SimpleScreenRecorder is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to VidShot Capturer.
Produce videos for the web using the industry-leading H.264 format. No tweaks or technospeak, just sparkling HD-quality video with compact file sizes...every single time. Two existing production presets (blog and web) and three new presets (YouTube, HD display, and Screencast.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Camtasia is the most popular Windows & Mac alternative to VidShot Capturer.
- - Camtasia is the most popular commercial alternative to VidShot Capturer.
VokoscreenNG is a user friendly screencaster for Linux and Windows. It is a continuation of the now discontinued Vokoscreen project that has been totally rewritten from scratch using Qt and GStreamer.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for Multiple MonitorsVokoscreenNG supports the use of multiple displays.
- LightweightVokoscreenNG consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Works OfflineVokoscreenNG can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Ad-freeVokoscreenNG doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in VokoscreenNG without registration.
- No TrackingVokoscreenNG will not track you or use your personal data.
Record your computer screen with audio input from Mic or Speakers. Also shows mouse clicks in addition to the regular cursor. Simple interface with ability to record in AVI or export as swf.Suggest and vote on features
The project seems to be no longer developed. Last version, 2.7 r316, released in May 2015, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.Warning
As described on VirusTotal comment (https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1ddb733efb11769a05cc735d555e9a4df92c4cdf29fa47ea3864e57e67dcf884/analysis/1411383540/): if you download CamStudio from SourceForge.net, the VirusTotal results are 0/53. After installing this SF version, it immediately says that there is an update available. When the link is clicked, it takes you to camstudio.org, which has a zip file that, scanned with VirusTotal, gives you 15/53 result. So do NOT download and install the "update": it's a malware. Installer as of 09/22/2014.
Watch Internet video, HD movie trailers, and personal media clips. Whether it’s on the web or on your desktop, QuickTime Player brings your digital media brilliantly to life.Suggest and vote on features
QuickTime Player Features
ActivePresenter is a leading authoring software to simplify your eLearning design experience with 3 main functions:Suggest and vote on features
- Dark ModeActivePresenter supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- GamificationActivePresenter makes use of game-design elements such as point scoring, competition, achievements, etc.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in ActivePresenter without registration.
- Chroma Key / Green ScreenActivePresenter supports chroma key to replace the background with an image or video backdrop.
- Support for LayersActivePresenter supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- Ad-freeActivePresenter doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Screen SharingYou can use ActivePresenter to share your screen with your colleages or friends.
Kazam is a simple screen recording program that will capture the content of your screen and record a video file that can be played by any video player that supports VP8/WebM video format.Discontinued
The latest version (1.4.5) is from 2014.
recordMyDesktop is a desktop session recorder for GNU / Linux that attemps to be easy to use, yet also effective at it's primary task. As such, the program is separated in two parts; a simple command line tool that performs the basic tasks of capturing and encoding and an...Suggest and vote on features
The project is no longer developed. Last version, 0.3.8.1, released in December 2008, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
Debut is a screen capture and video recording software that records videos from your screen, webcam or other video devices. Capture your entire desktop or a selected portion and save the recorded videos as avi, flv, wmv or other video file formats.Suggest and vote on features
Capture the contents of your entire desktop at the same time as your video camera, microphone and computer's audio. Sophisticated editing tools allow you to create incredible screencasts in no time.Suggest and vote on features
- LightweightScreenFlow consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Support for LayersScreenFlow supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- Colour GradingScreenFlow lets you manipulate color in creative and artistic ways.
- Support for 4KScreenFlow supports watching, rendering or exporting 4K content (also know as UHD or Ultra HD).
- Color PickerScreenFlow allows you to select and copy a color property from an image, object, or shape.
- Works OfflineScreenFlow can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Chroma Key / Green ScreenScreenFlow supports chroma key to replace the background with an image or video backdrop.
- Dark ModeScreenFlow supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Support for Multiple MonitorsScreenFlow supports the use of multiple displays.
Screencast Capture Lite is a tool to continuously capture the desktop screen, storing this information in video files. The application supports recording from the primary screen, from a chosen window or from a fixed region.Suggest and vote on features
Screencast Capture Lite Features
Latest commit to the project was made on Nov 25, 2017. And latest version was released on Sep 16, 2016.
ScreenStudio is an easy screen recording that will let you create screencast or live streaming of your desktop. It does support multiple desktops, multiple webcams and text labels.Suggest and vote on features
The website is unavailable, and the last update on GitHub is from July 2017.