UrBackup is a open source client/server backup system, that through a combination of image and file backups accomplishes both data safety and a fast restoration time.
File and image backups are made while the system is running without interrupting current processes.
UrBackup also continously watches folders you want backed up, in order to quickly find differences to previous backups. Thus incremental file backups are really fast. More Info »
Your files can be restored through the web interface or the Windows Explorer while the backups of drive volumes can be restored with a bootable CD or USB-Stick (bare metal restore).
A web interface makes setting up your own backup server really easy.
Full feature list
- Full and incremental image and file backups: Whole partitions can be saved as well as single directories
- Clients for Windows, Linux and Max OS X
- Fast calculation of file tree differences leads to very fast incremental file backups - only new changed files will be retransmitted
- Only used and changed hard disk sectors are transmitted during an incremental image backup
- Image and file backups while the system is running
- Consistent backups of used files on Windows and Linux. For example Outlook .pst files
- Same files on different computers are saved only once. Less server storage space is needed for your backups (file level deduplication)
- Next to no configuration. Install, select the directories you want to backup and watch it backup
- Webinterface that shows the status of the clients, current activities and statistics. It allows the administrator to change backup settings and override the settings for the clients. Existing file backups can be browsed, files from these backups can be extracted or restore processes started
- Reports about backups can be send to users or administrators
- Secure and efficient backups to your own server via Internet if the client is currently not in your local network
- Easy to configure and use file backup access