What is Duplicati?
Duplicati is a backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on local storage, cloud storage services and remote file servers. The Duplicati project was inspired by Duplicity and had similar functionality until 2008. In that year the storage model was redesigned completely and the program was rebuilt from scratch. This manual describes Duplicati 2, the version based on the new storage model.
Duplicati works with standard protocols like FTP, SSH, WebDAV as well as popular services like Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive & S3, Google Drive, box.com, Mega, hubiC and many others.
Duplicati is free software and open source. You can use Duplicati for free even for commercial purposes. Source code is licensed under LGPL. Duplicati runs under Windows, Linux, MacOS. It requires .NET 4.5 or Mono.
Duplicati was designed for online backups from scratch. It is not only data efficient but also handles network issues nicely. E.g. interrupted backups can be resumed and Duplicati tests the content of backups regularly. That way broken backups on corrupt storage systems can be detected before it’s too late.
Backup files and folders with strong AES-256 encryption. Save space with incremental backups and data deduplication. Run backups on any machine through the web-based interface or via command line interface. Duplicati has a built-in scheduler and auto-updater.
Duplicati uses strong AES-256 encryption to protect your privacy. You can also use GPG to encrypt your backup.
Duplicati is configured by a web interface that runs in any browser (even mobile) and can be accessed - if you like - from anywhere. This also allows to run Duplicati on headless machines like a NAS (network attached storage).
Duplicati Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Incremental BackupDuplicati supports incremental backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last backup).
- Schedule BackupDuplicati supports scheduling of your backups at specific times or intervals.
- Automatic BackupDuplicati will automatically back up your data periodically.
- Encrypted BackupDuplicati uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- File VersioningDuplicati has a version system that lets you view and go back to older versions of the project/file/document.
- Ad-freeDuplicati doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- AES-256 EncryptionDuplicati has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
- Cloud SyncSync your data (notes, documents, bookmarks, etc.) across your different devices and to the cloud.
- Developed byKenneth Skovhede & René Stach
- LicensingOpen Source (LGPL-2.1) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 3.5 (20 ratings)
- Alternatives131 alternatives listed
- 9,918 Stars
- 843 Forks
- 895 Open Issues
Our users have written 24 comments and reviews about Duplicati, and it has gotten 321 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Duplicati platform details
Requires .NET 4.5
Requires Mono (C# managed)