Standalone EXE Document Locker Alternatives
[TrueCrypt is not exactly "Open Source", but the source is available. See the reviews to get more information.]
Suggest and vote on features
- - TrueCrypt is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to Standalone EXE Document Locker.
- - TrueCrypt is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to Standalone EXE Document Locker.
The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for encrypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also available on other platforms. You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform.
AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for encrypting files using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
Suggest and vote on features
- - AES Crypt is the most popular Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to Standalone EXE Document Locker.
AES Crypt Features
AxCrypt is a simple file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with your workflow to encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with files.Suggest and vote on features
Encrypto lets you encrypt files before sending them to friends or coworkers. Just drop a file into Encrypto, set a password, and then send it however you normally would — but this time with added security. It’s free for both Mac and Windows.Suggest and vote on features
With EDS (Encrypted Data Store) you can store your files in the encrypted container to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information.Suggest and vote on features
EDS (Encrypted Data Store) Features
NPPCrypt is a plugin for Notepad++ that will allow users to encrypt, decrypt text as well with create hashed messages/text and random blobs.Suggest and vote on features
EncFS provides an encrypted filesystem in user-space. It runs without any special permissions and uses the FUSE library and Linux kernel module to provide the filesystem interface. You can find links to source and binary releases below.Suggest and vote on features
The author has agreed that EncFS in its current form is dangerous (to security) for several reasons. Wikipedia has a brief summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EncFS#General_Security_ConcernsThe actual audit, which the author participated in, is here: https://defuse.ca/audits/encfs.htm
DiskCryptor is a free and open-source utility that offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition. Originally conceived as a replacement for DriveCrypt Plus Pack and PGP Whole Disk Encryption (WDE), the project aims to create the best product in its...DiskCryptor has no features, suggest some!
Platform-independent password-based authenticated encryption of files & folders.Suggest and vote on features
File Lock PEA Features
- Encrypted BackupFile Lock PEA uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in File Lock PEA without registration.
- No TrackingFile Lock PEA will not track you or use your personal data.
- PortableFile Lock PEA can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeFile Lock PEA doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Privacy focusedFile Lock PEA is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- AES-256 EncryptionFile Lock PEA has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
Unicode Crypter is a portable tool that encrypts and decrypts any Unicode character from 1 to 1114111!Suggest and vote on features
Unicode Crypter Features
FreeOTFE is a free, open source, "on-the-fly" (OTFE) disk encryption program for PCs running MS Windows and Windows Mobile PDAs (FreeOTFE4PDA).Suggest and vote on features
Discontinued per Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeOTFE)