Self-Hosted Simplenote Alternatives
Simplenote is not available as a self-hosted solution but there are plenty of alternatives for power users and business that want to host a solution on-premise. The most popular Self-Hosted alternative is Standard Notes, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Simplenote and many of them are available as a self-hosted solution so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Self-Hosted alternatives to Simplenote are Turtl (Freemium, Open Source), CryptPad (Freemium, Open Source), BookStack (Free, Open Source) and Trilium Notes (Free, Open Source).
- Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and web browser.
- Whether it's bookmarks or passwords, files or shopping lists...Turtl organizes it all and makes it easy to find later. Sync across your devices. Leave nothing behind.
- With CryptPad, you can make quick collaborative documents for taking notes and writing down ideas together.
- An open source knowledge management application that's focused on ease of use.
- FeaturesNotes can be arranged into arbitrarily deep hierarchy (tree)Notes can have more than 1 parents - see cloning
- Leanote provides services for note and blog. You can use "note" as your personal notebook, if you want to share with friends, just publish note or notebook to the blog.
- Carnet is a complete and rich note taking app for Android and Linux that can be synced with NextCloud (selfhosted) or the official Carnet server.Features Online editor
- Piggydb is a Web notebook application that provides you with a platform to build your knowledge personally or collaboratively.
- recordando (Spanish for remembering) is a program in which to keep your written thoughtsThis space has these characteristics:
- The Notes app is a distraction free notes taking app. It provides categories for better organization and supports formatting using Markdown syntax.