GitHub is a web-based hosting service for projects that use the Git revision control system. It is written in Ruby on Rails by Logical Awesome developers Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner.
- - GitHub is the most popular Web-based, Windows, Android & Mac alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.
- - GitHub is the most popular free alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.
SourceForge empowers open source developers to create powerful software and share it with the world. They also feature a business software comparison directory that lists over 50,000 software titles.
Code collaboration version control. Offers hosted (freemium) for limited (5) users, and a commercial self-hosted for a subscription. Free licenses are available for qualified open source projects, nonprofits, and classrooms.
- - Bitbucket is the most popular Linux & Self-Hosted alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.
Codeberg is a free Git source code hosting service, with the objective to give the Open-Source code that is running our world a safe and friendly home, and to ensure that free code remains free and secure forever.
- - Codeberg is the most popular Open Source alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.
sourcehut is a network of useful open source tools for software project maintainers and collaborators, including git repos, bug tracking, continuous integration, and mailing lists.
- - SourceHut is the most popular SaaS alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.
Gitea (Git with a cup of tea) is a painless self-hosted Git service written in Go
Radicle is a developer stack and peer-to-peer network for creating open source software together.
Static.app is the easiest way to host a static HTML website online. Drag-and-drop an archive with your page or an entire website and we will take care of the rest. Everything is included: SSL certificate, code editor, forms and media storage all in one place.
- - Static.app is the most popular commercial alternative to RepositoryHosting.com.