The most popular alternative is GitLab, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to GitHub so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting GitHub alternatives are Bitbucket (Freemium), Gitea (Free, Open Source), Gogs (Free, Open Source) and SourceForge (Free).
- Web-based git repository management with wiki, code reviews, issue-tracking and CI/CD pipeline.
- Code collaboration version control. Offers hosted (freemium) for limited (5) users, and a commercial self-hosted for a subscription. Free licenses are available for qualified open source projects, nonprofits, and classrooms.
- Gitea is a community managed fork of Gogs lightweight code hosting solution written in Go and published under the MIT license.
- The easiest, fastest, and most painless way of setting up a self-hosted Git service.
- SourceForge empowers open source developers to create powerful software and share it with the world. They also feature a business software comparison directory that lists over 50,000 software titles.
- Launchpad is a collaboration and Bazaar code hosting platform for (primarily open-source) software projects.
- GitBucket is the easily installable open-source GitHub clone written with Scala.
- Phabricator is a collection of open source web applications that help software companies build better software.Phabricator includes applications for:
- Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management.
- Tuleap is the first fully libre and open source software (GPL licence) for Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management.