AlternativeTo Logo

    QDirStat Alternatives

    QDirStat is described as 'graphical application to show where your disk space has gone and to help you to clean it up' and is an app in the System & Hardware category. There are more than 10 alternatives to QDirStat for a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Windows S and BSD. The best alternative is WinDirStat, which is both free and Open Source. Other great apps like QDirStat are TreeSize (Paid), Baobab Disk Usage Analyzer (Free, Open Source), Scanner (Free) and K4DirStat (Free, Open Source).

    This page was last updated Jan 20, 2022
    QDirStat
      23
    • FreeOpen Source
    • Linux
    • BSD
    More
    QDirStat is a graphical application to show where your disk space has gone and to help you to clean it up.
    Learn more about QDirStat

    1. WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool, inspired by KDirStat .
    2. TreeSize Professional tells you where precious disk space has gone to. It can be started from the context menu of a local folder or a local drive and displays the size of each folder, including its subfolders.
      TreeSize vs QDirStat opinions
      pros, cons and recent comments
      It's not even close. TreeSize is primitive in comparison. It doesn't offer 10% of the features.
      Negative comment 6 months ago

      0


    3. Baobab Disk Usage Analyzer is a graphical application to analyse disk usage in any Gnome environment. Disk Usage Analyzer can easily scan device volumes or a specific user-requested directory branch (local or remote).
    4. This tool uses a sunburst chart to display the usage of your hard disk or other media. The chart shows all major files and folders from all directory levels at once.

      Discontinued

      The program seems to be no longer updated. Last version, 2.13, released in July 2012, is fully working and can be still downloaded from the official website.

      Scanner vs QDirStat opinions
      pros, cons and recent comments
      That sunburst chart is hard to read. There is NO tree view which is essential to break the data down in the hierarchy. There are no cleanups, much less custom ones. Can this even delete a file?
      Negative comment 6 months ago

      0
      • FreeOpen Source
      • Linux
      • KDE
      More
      K4DirStat, fork of KDirStat , is a small utility program that sums up disk usage for directory trees, very much like the Unix 'du' command. It displays the disk space used up by a directory tree, both numerically and graphically.
      No screenshots yet


      • FreeOpen Source
      • Linux
      More
      A disk usage free utility for Linux.
      duf vs QDirStat opinions
      pros, cons and recent comments
      It's not even close: "duf" is a fancy version of the "df" command, "QDirStat" does what the "du" command does and much more.
      Negative comment over 1 year ago

      0
      It's not graphical at all, it's just text mode; and it only offers at most 5% of the features. This is comparing apples and oranges.
      Negative comment 6 months ago

      0
      • FreeOpen Source
      • Mac
      • Windows
      • Linux
      More
      Free open-source cross-platform file & directory statistics as found on Github
      crossdirstat vs QDirStat opinions
      pros, cons and recent comments
      It only has the treemap which is just 5% of QDirStat features. All the other 95% it doesn't have at all. It's primitive in comparison.
      Negative comment 6 months ago

      0
    5. Landiskape visualizes your storage space and tells you how it is being used. You'll be amazed how easy it is to find space hogs, large files and folders.
      • FreeProprietary
      • Windows
      More
      i.Disk scans directory trees and displays the total space used by each directory in an easy to use form.
      i.Disk vs QDirStat opinions
      pros, cons and recent comments
      This thing is absolutely primitive. It offers little more than what all simple file managers do.
      Negative comment 6 months ago

      0
      • Free PersonalProprietary
      • Windows
      • Mac
      More
      SquirrelDisk shows you exactly what's taking up all that space and helps you clear it out. Using SquirrelDisk is a matter of clicking one button to easily find all the huge files on your computer.
    Showing 10 of 11 alternatives