What is Programmer's Notepad?
Notepad more focused on developing than just scribble down notes.
These is not an exhaustive feature list, but gives you some idea of the features present in Programmer’s Notepad.
- Syntax Highlighting for lots of languages, configured with schemes
- Multi-language user interface
- Unlimited number of schemes supported, powerful syntax highlighting supporting both user-defined and built-in schemes
- Text Clips provide smart templates for text insertion
- Code Folding/Outlining
- Docking windows for: File Browser, Open Files, Text Clips, Tool Output, Find in Files results
- Regular expression search and replace (full perl syntax)
- Excellent external tool support with user-configurable output matching – click on errors and warnings to jump right to the place in the file where they were generated
- Split Views
- Bookmarks (both numbered and plain)
- Export to HTML (using CSS) and RTF
- Code definition browsing and navigation (using Ctags)
- Non fixed-width font support
- Projects and Project Groups with multi-level folders and file system mirroring
- Scripting with Python
- Extensions support for developing add-ons with C++
- Support for UTF8, 16 and various file encodings
- Support for windows, unix and macintosh line endings
- Tabbed MDI interface, with multi-level split views
not updated since 3 dec 2016
Programmer's Notepad Desktop Screenshots and Videos
Programmer's Notepad Features
Programmer's Notepad information
- Developed bySimon Steele
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 3.7
- Alternatives123 alternatives listed
Our users have written 7 comments and reviews about Programmer's Notepad, and it has gotten 63 likes