PHP Markdown Alternatives
Rentry.co is a markdown pastebin and publishing service with preview, custom urls and editing. Fast, simple and free.
- - Rentry.co is the most popular Web-based & Self-Hosted alternative to PHP Markdown.
- - Rentry.co is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to PHP Markdown.
ReText is a simple text editor for Markdown and reStructuredText documents with syntax highlighting and optional live preview.
- - ReText is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to PHP Markdown.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- - Byword is the most popular iPhone & iPad alternative to PHP Markdown.
- - Byword is the most popular commercial alternative to PHP Markdown.
Asciidoctor is a fast text processor and publishing toolchain for converting AsciiDoc content to HTML5, DocBook 5 (or 4.5) and other formats. Asciidoctor is written in Ruby, packaged as a RubyGem and published to RubyGems.org.
Marked 2 is a previewer (not an editor) for Markdown, MultiMarkdown and other text markup languages. It updates live every time you save your document in your favorite text editor, comes with writing analysis tools, and is powerfully flexible.
Text processor for AsciiDoc format https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AsciiDoc which is human readable text format, similar to Markdown format, but with more complex syntax usage (but not so complex like LaTeX).
Google Chrome, Firefox, and Thunderbird extension that lets you write email in Markdown and render it before sending.Discontinued
The latest update is from September 2018.
It reads a text file with minimal markup such as bold and //italic// and converts it to the following formats (among others):