Pandora Radio is a free (ad-supported) internet radio founded in 2000. Using the Music Genome Project, over 400 attributes of songs are analyzed in order to personalize radio stations from music you like.
For $4.99/month you can upgrade to Pandora One and enhance your experience with these new features:
* High Quality Streaming: When listening on the web, experience 192K bits per second audio.
* Pandora One Desktop: Listen to Pandora from a dedicated desktop application; no need to keep a browser window open. Control playback from the Windows taskbar or the Macintosh dock. Get popup alerts when a new song starts to play. More Info »
* No Ads: Pandora One is completely free of any sort of advertising: no audio ads, no visual ads. Its just you and your music.
* Personalize Your Look: Surround the Pandora player with one of 8 custom "skins" that will make the look of Pandora as personalized as the music.
* Mini Player: Minimize Pandora One into the smallest possible browser window. This makes it easy for the web version of Pandora to live side by side with other web sites and applications.
* Skip All Day Long: With the standard ad supported version of Pandora youre limited to 12 total skips per day. With Pandora One youll be able to skip as many times per day as youd like (note you will still be limited, thanks to licensing constraints, to six skips per hour).
* Extended Interaction Timeout: Listen for up to 5 hours in a row without interacting with Pandora at all. Just turn it on and let it go. Every time you interact the timer is reset so just one click around lunchtime can get you through an entire workday.
[Pandora is only available in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand.]