OpenVPN Alternatives for Mac
OpenVPN is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The most popular Mac alternative is SoftEther VPN, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to OpenVPN and loads of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to OpenVPN are WireGuard (Free, Open Source), ProtonVPN (Freemium, Open Source), LogMeIn Hamachi (Freemium) and Windscribe (Freemium).
- SoftEther VPN is one of the world's most powerful and easy-to-use multi-protocol VPN software.
- WireGuard is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography.
- Security-focused VPN developed by CERN scientists from the ProtonMail team. Enabling Internet without surveillance.
- Hosted virtual private network service for creating and managing virtual networks as needed.
- Windscribe is a desktop application and browser extension that work together to block ads and trackers, restore access to blocked content and help you safeguard your privacy online.
- Mullvad is a VPN service that helps keep your online activity, identity, and location private.
- ZeroTier creates virtual ethernet networks that work everywhere. Use it as a VPN alternative, for gaming, or to create a virtual office LAN that travels with you.
- The I2P network provides strong privacy protections for communication over the Internet. Many activities that would risk your privacy on the public Internet can be conducted anonymously inside I2P.
- A secure socks5 proxy, designed to protect your Internet traffic.- Super FastBleeding edge techniques using Asynchronous I/O and Event-driven programming.
- Hotspot Shield is a software application developed by AnchorFree, Inc. that allows the user to connect to a virtual private network (VPN).