OpenToonz is based on software "Toonz" which was developed by Digital Video S.p.A. in Italy,
customized by Studio Ghibli, and has been used for creating its works for many years.
In March 2016 its source code was published under the terms of Modified BSD License.
The open-source version is called OpenToonz and developed by international community.
- Powerful Digital Drawing Tools
- Vector and bitmap drawing tools with full support for graphic tablets allow you to create artwork of
INDEXED COLOUR PALETTES
- Sequence of drawings can be painted quickly with automatic tools, and palette colors can be edited
at any time, updating automatically all the level drawings.
EFFECTS AND COMPOSITING
- Add animated special effects and composite scenes seamlessly. Blurs, lighting, keys, masks, warps
and more than 100 other effects available.
- Automate routine tasks by using ECMA-compatible scripting engine.
- Syncronize your animation with video footage automatically.
SCAN AND CLEANUP
- Automatically scan and vectorize paper drawings created by animation artists. Clean and paint them
in a completely color-consistent digital environment.
- A complete toolset for traditional frame-by-frame animation with configurable onionskin.
Automatic creation of inbetween frames for vector shapes.
- Complex movements can be defined by linking objects or using motion paths, and everything can be
also animated in a 3D environment, with an automatic multiplane effect.
- Animate your characters using bones, with IK support and mesh deformations.... More Info »
- Create particles effect supporting multiple layers as particles or as control images for particles animation.
EXCLUSIVE FEATURES (MyPaint Brushes, Horizontal Timeline, Linux Version)
- This edition of OpenToonz includes a special features developed by Morevna Project.