NTorrent AlternativesTorrent Clients and other similar apps like NTorrent
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
Suggest and vote on features
- - qBittorrent is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to NTorrent.
- - qBittorrent is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to NTorrent.
- Ad-freeqBittorrent doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightqBittorrent consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableqBittorrent can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsqBittorrent can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Privacy focusedqBittorrent is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Dark ModeqBittorrent supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Transmission has the features you expect in a BitTorrent client: encryption, a web-based interface, peer exchange, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, web seed support, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.Suggest and vote on features
- LightweightTransmission consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableTransmission can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Transmission without registration.
- Ad-freeTransmission doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Command line interfaceTransmission either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No TrackingTransmission will not track you or use your personal data.
- Support for RsyncTransmission supports rsync, a free and open source file synchronization software.
- Privacy focusedTransmission is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
µTorrent is an ad-supported, proprietary BitTorrent client owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc.
Suggest and vote on features
- - µTorrent is the most popular Web-based, Android & Android Tablet alternative to NTorrent.
FDM accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously.Suggest and vote on features
Free Download Manager Features
- LightweightFree Download Manager consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeFree Download Manager supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- PortableFree Download Manager can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeFree Download Manager doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Free Download Manager without registration.
The official website was distributing a spyware-infected version of the Linux client for years. It's no longer safe to trust the developer's application. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/free-download-manager-site-redirected-linux-users-to-malware-for-years/
RetroShare is a open source cross-platform, private and secure decentralized communication system. It lets you to securely chat, share photos, videos, and more, using OpenPGP to authenticate peers and .Suggest and vote on features
- DecentralizedRetroShare is based on a decentralized infrastructure with no single entity controlling it.
- Privacy focusedRetroShare is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- End-to-End EncryptionRetroShare has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- GPG EncryptionRetroShare supports GPG (aka GnuPG) for encryption of things like emails, messages, files, etc.
- Shared FoldersRetroShare supports shared folders that can be used to store, search, and access files with multiple people.
PicoTorrent is a tiny BitTorrent client for Windows with low memory usage, high performance and a native user interface. No ads, carefully selected features, and a native user interface integrating seamlessly with your desktop.Suggest and vote on features
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.Suggest and vote on features
BiglyBT is a feature filled, open source, bittorrent client based on the Azureus open source project, now Vuze .Suggest and vote on features
Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. Vuze is written in Java, and uses the Azureus Engine. In addition to bittorrenting, Vuze allows users to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content.Suggest and vote on features
Be careful during the installation: https://alternativeto.net/discussions/applications/11718/be-careful-in-the-installation/Discontinued
Vuze that hasn’t been updated since 2017.https://fossbytes.com/best-torrent-client-windows-free-torrent-downloaders/
rtorrent is a BitTorrent client for ncurses, using the libtorrent library. The client and library is written in C++ with emphasis on speed and efficiency, while delivering equivalent features to those found in GUI based clients in an ncurses client.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfacerTorrent either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
Tribler is an application that enables its users to find, enjoy and share content. With content we mean video, audio, pictures, and much more. Tribler has three goals in helping you, the user: find, consume and share content.Suggest and vote on features
Host's IP can be used as exit nodes: it means that if some other user downloads something illegal, you could be prosecuted because your IP appears! Even on Tribler official website, a Disclaimer states: "Do not put yourself in danger. Our anonymity is not yet mature. Tribler does not protect you against spooks and government agencies."
Shareaza is the most luxurious and sophisticated file sharing system you'll find. It can harness the power of up to four separate peer-to-peer networks, including EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Shareaza's native network, Gnutella2.Suggest and vote on features
last updated: Sep 18th 2017, 19:11 GMThttps://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/File-Sharing/Shareaza.shtml