The most popular alternative is Godot Engine, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Maratis so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Maratis alternatives are Unity (Free Personal), Unreal Engine (Free, Open Source), GDevelop (Free, Open Source) and Scratch (Free, Open Source).
- Godot is a fully featured, open source, MIT licensed game engine. It focuses on having great tools, and a visual oriented workflow that can export to PC, Mobile and Web platforms.
- Unity is a multi-platform game development tool, designed from the start to ease creation.
- Unreal Engine is a professional suite of tools and technologies used for building high-quality games across a range of platforms.
- GDevelop is an open-source game making software designed to be used by everyone. Any kind of 2D games can be created with it and no programming skills are required to get started. Logic of games are made using visual events.
- Drag-and-drop visual programming language and platform for learning, creating and sharing code and interactive projects.
- A free and open-source tool for creating games, animations and everything in-between!.
- The most powerful game development platform is now available to everyone. Full engine source code. All features. No royalties. No obligations. No license fee.
- cocos2d-x is a cross platform open source free 2D game engine for mobile gamedev, that is fast and stable, easy to learn and use.
- Torque 3D is a easy-to-use game creation platform.
- The RPG Maker software series is a set of game creation suites aimed at easy 2D role playing game creation.