The most popular alternative is KDE Plasma, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 20 alternatives to LXQt so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting LXQt alternatives are Xfce (Free, Open Source), GNOME (Free, Open Source), Cinnamon (Free, Open Source) and MATE (Free, Open Source).
- Plasma is a cross-device work environment by the KDE Community where trust is put on the user's capacity to best define their own workflow and preferences.
- Xfce (pronounced as four individual letters) is a free software desktop environment for Unix and other Unix-like platforms, such as Linux, Solaris and BSD.
- An easy and elegant way to use your computer, GNOME 3 is designed to put you in control and get things done.
- Cinnamon is a Linux desktop which provides advanced innovative features and a traditional user experience. The desktop layout is similar to...
- Desktop environment, a fork of GNOME 2.
- The "Lightweight...
- Cairo is a desktop environment for Windows. Its goal is to develop a desktop experience that increases productivity and advances current technology standards.
- Budgie is the flagship desktop of the Solus OS and is part of the Solus Project. Designed with the modern user in mind, it focuses on simplicity and elegance.
- Enlightenment is not just a window manager for Linux/X11 and others, but also a whole suite of libraries to help you create beautiful user interfaces with much less work than...
- Emerge Desktop is a replacement Windows "shell" (the desktop environment normally provided by Windows Explorer) for Windows 2000 and above.