LimeWire Alternatives for Linux
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
Suggest and vote on features
- - qBittorrent is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to LimeWire.
- - qBittorrent is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to LimeWire.
- Ad-freeqBittorrent doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightqBittorrent consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableqBittorrent can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsqBittorrent can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Privacy focusedqBittorrent is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Dark ModeqBittorrent supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Transmission has the features you expect in a BitTorrent client: encryption, a web-based interface, peer exchange, UPnP and NAT-PMP port forwarding, web seed support, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more.Suggest and vote on features
- LightweightTransmission consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableTransmission can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Transmission without registration.
- Ad-freeTransmission doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Command line interfaceTransmission either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- No TrackingTransmission will not track you or use your personal data.
- Support for RsyncTransmission supports rsync, a free and open source file synchronization software.
- Privacy focusedTransmission is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
Opinions about Transmission as a Alternative to LimeWireAlmost everyone thinks Transmission is a great LimeWire alternative.
µTorrent is an ad-supported, proprietary BitTorrent client owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc.
Suggest and vote on features
- - µTorrent is the most popular Web-based, Android & Android Tablet alternative to LimeWire.
Opinions about µTorrent as a Alternative to LimeWireMost users think µTorrent is a great LimeWire alternative.
Deluge is a full-featured BitTorrent client for Linux, Unix and Windows. It is written in python, uses libtorrent (rasterbar) at its core and GTK for the main user interface along with web and console interfaces for advanced client/server...Suggest and vote on features
- Ad-freeDeluge doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsDeluge can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- LightweightDeluge consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Privacy focusedDeluge is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableDeluge can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.Suggest and vote on features
Soulseek® is a unique ad-free, spyware free, and just plain free file sharing application. One of the things that makes Soulseek® unique is our community and community-related features. Based on peer-to-peer technology, virtual rooms allow you to meet people with the...
Comments about Soulseek as a Alternative to LimeWirepros, cons and recent commentsGuest
looking for a place to search music in all genders and download for personal use for making cd I like0
Miro (formerly Democracy Player) is a free and open source internet TV application, media library, and video player.Suggest and vote on features
Miro Player FeaturesDiscontinued
"Although we are no longer developing Miro, we do continue to make the media player available."https://pculture.org/pcf-projectsSee also:"The last version (6.0) was released in 2013 and is no longer functioning correctly because of changes to the YouTube API."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miro_(video_software)
Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. Vuze is written in Java, and uses the Azureus Engine. In addition to bittorrenting, Vuze allows users to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content.Suggest and vote on features
Be careful during the installation: https://alternativeto.net/discussions/applications/11718/be-careful-in-the-installation/Discontinued
Vuze that hasn’t been updated since 2017.https://fossbytes.com/best-torrent-client-windows-free-torrent-downloaders/
Opinions about Vuze as a Alternative to LimeWireAlmost everyone thinks Vuze is a great LimeWire alternative.
rtorrent is a BitTorrent client for ncurses, using the libtorrent library. The client and library is written in C++ with emphasis on speed and efficiency, while delivering equivalent features to those found in GUI based clients in an ncurses client.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfacerTorrent either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
FrostWire is a free, open source P2P BitTorrent file sharing application & cloud file downloader in one. It's a fork of LimeWire .Suggest and vote on features
On VirusTotal 26/66 AntiVirus flagged the installer as malicioushttps://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/75b209b3bb747037792b6c7a10a0a123fab23ed4ed17b937c240ddc45ff8f6ee/detectionBundleware
As reported on VirusTotal, the installer contains Opencandy. Be careful during installation. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/60a309e91ba1039c3527053867e0e210ff2e18628a01acc264d82430e6436889/analysis/
Opinions about FrostWire as a Alternative to LimeWireMost users think FrostWire is a great LimeWire alternative.
Tribler is an application that enables its users to find, enjoy and share content. With content we mean video, audio, pictures, and much more. Tribler has three goals in helping you, the user: find, consume and share content.Suggest and vote on features
Host's IP can be used as exit nodes: it means that if some other user downloads something illegal, you could be prosecuted because your IP appears! Even on Tribler official website, a Disclaimer states: "Do not put yourself in danger. Our anonymity is not yet mature. Tribler does not protect you against spooks and government agencies."
KTorrent is a bittorrent application for KDE Plasma which allows you to download files using the BitTorrent protocol. It enables you to run multiple torrents at the same time and comes with extended features to make it a full-featured client for...KTorrent has no features, suggest some!