What is KRename?
KRename is a powerful batch renamer for KDE. It allows you to easily rename hundreds or even more files in one go. The filenames can be created by parts of the original filename, numbering the files or accessing hundreds of informations about the file, like creation date or Exif informations of an image.
KRename Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsKRename can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Batch Rename FilesKRename supports renaming of different types of files or data in large batches.
- Ad-freeKRename doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- MP3 / ID3 RenamingKRename allows you to batch rename MP3 files through the use of ID3 metadata.
- Works OfflineKRename can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Dark ModeKRename supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- Developed byKDE
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 3.5
- Alternatives63 alternatives listed
Our users have written 2 comments and reviews about KRename, and it has gotten 17 likes
Comments and Reviews Post a comment/review
Said about KRename as an alternative
Best KDE native app & still under active development. Stable & many plugins make it much more versatile than just a basic renamers.
Recent user activities on KRename
- liked KRenameJJago
- reviewed KRenameKa
'Bulk' renamer which barely handles big amount of files. Incredibly slow and unresponsive with thousands of files.
After renaming started, 'Cancel' does not cancels, classic.
All this shows the program is poorly designed and had no thought put in.
UI is actually sinmple to use though. And you can do the job if you have a ton of patience.Show more ▾ago
- edited KRenameago