Filmulator is a raw photo editing application with library management focusing on
- Simplicity over flexibility
- Ease of learning
- Streamlined workflow
Filmulator accepts raw files from cameras and simulates the development of film as if exposed to the same light as the camera's sensor. This brings about several benefits:
- Large bright regions become darker, compressing the output dynamic range.
- Small bright regions make their surroundings darker, enhancing local contrast.
- In bright regions, saturation is enhanced, helping retain color in bright skies, brighter skin tones, and sunsets.
- In extremely saturated regions, the brightness is attenuated, helping retain detail e.g. in flowers. More Info »
If you're familiar with film development techniques, this is what you get from stand development, except with color too.
This film simulation helps users achieve great results with less effort.