Ffind AlternativesFile Search Utilities and other similar apps like Ffind
"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on local or removable NTFS volumes on your computer (hence the name...
Suggest and vote on features
- - Everything is the most popular Windows alternative to Ffind.
- - Everything is the most popular free alternative to Ffind.
- LightweightEverything consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableEverything can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Ad-freeEverything doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Windows Explorer ExtensionEverything can extend Windows Explorer in various ways, for example add context menu options, etc..
- Works OfflineEverything can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
DocFetcher is a portable German/English open source desktop search application. It allows you search the contents of documents on your computer. - You can think of it as Google for your local document repository.
Suggest and vote on features
- - DocFetcher is the most popular Mac & Linux alternative to Ffind.
- - DocFetcher is the most popular Open Source alternative to Ffind.
- Full-Text SearchDocFetcher lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- PortableDocFetcher can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Built-in viewerDocFetcher shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
- Shared FoldersDocFetcher supports shared folders that can be used to store, search, and access files with multiple people.
FSearch is a fast file search utility for GNU/Linux operating systems, inspired by Everything Search Engine. It's written in C and based on GTK+3.Suggest and vote on features
UltraSearch searches files and folders on local NTFS drives and provides the results within just a few seconds.Suggest and vote on features
- Full-Text SearchUltraSearch lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- PortableUltraSearch can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- LightweightUltraSearch consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Dark ModeUltraSearch supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
Catfish is a handy file searching tool for Linux and Unix. The interface is intentionally lightweight and simple, using only GTK+3. You can configure it to your needs by using several command line options.Suggest and vote on features
- Works OfflineCatfish can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Full-Text SearchCatfish lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- LightweightCatfish consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeCatfish doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Command line interfaceCatfish either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Built-in viewerCatfish shows you a quick preview of an image, page or file in supported formats.
Locate32 is software which can be used to find files from your harddrives and other locations. It works like updatedb and locate commands in Unix based systems. In other words, it uses databases to store information about directory structures and uses these databases in searches.Suggest and vote on features
The project seems to be no longer developed. Last version, 18.104.22.16820a, released in May 2015, can be still downloaded from SourceForge.
A fast real-time search engine for displaying regular expression matches (both file name and content) across multiple directories.Suggest and vote on features
Search Monkey Features
SwiftSearch is a lightweight program whose purpose is to help you quickly find the files you need on your Windows machine without ever requiring you to index your drives. Most search utilities that achieve similar speeds do so by indexing drives while the computer is idle, but...Suggest and vote on features
FileLocator Lite enables you to locate files on your pc. It performs a thorough and quick search for any file you want to find.Suggest and vote on features
SearchMyFiles is a non-indexing portable alternative to the standard "Search For Files And Folders" module of Windows. It allows you to easily search files in your system by wildcard, by last modified/created/last accessed time, by file attributes, by file content...Suggest and vote on features
- PortableSearchMyFiles can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Full-Text SearchSearchMyFiles lets you search for specific words or phrases from inside a document or database.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in SearchMyFiles without registration.
- Works OfflineSearchMyFiles can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Ad-freeSearchMyFiles doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightSearchMyFiles consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
File search utility that provides instant search by file name, and powerful search by file contents, size and date. Supports search inside PDF, Microsoft Office and other documents. Highlights found text in file names and contents. Clean and intuitive multi-tabbed user interface.Suggest and vote on features
The official website is no longer available. Last version, 1.43, released in October 2016, can be still downloaded from Majorgeeks
PowerGREP is a powerful Windows grep tool. Quickly search through large numbers of files on your PC or network, including text and binary files, compressed archives, MS Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PDF files, OpenOffice files, etc.
Suggest and vote on features
- - PowerGREP is the most popular commercial alternative to Ffind.