A fast file search utility for GNU/Linux based on GTK+3
What is FSearch?
FSearch is a fast file search utility for GNU/Linux operating systems, inspired by Everything Search Engine. It's written in C and based on GTK+3.
Note: The application is still in beta stage, but its first release is expected as soon as localization support has been added
- Instant (as you type) results
- Wildcard support
- RegEx support
- Filter support (only search for files, folders or everything)
- Include and exclude specific folders to be indexed
- Ability to exclude certain files/folders from index using wildcard expressions
- Fast sort by filename, path, size or modification time
- Customizable interface (e.g. switch between traditional UI with menubar and client-side decorations)
- 2,312 Stars
- 188 Forks
- 92 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
- Search Engine
The closest linux alternative to Everything for Windows.
Decent alternative to "Everything" for Linux. Searching files ist just as fast and convenient, but indexing takes much longer. Still, it's the best tool there is for *nix operating systems so far.
An excellent file search to linux!
Couldn't live without this, it's always the first thing I install!
If you've used Search Everything by voidtools on windows and you're looking for an alternative on Linux then: THIS IS IT.
Insanely fast. Exactly like Everything Search on Windows