Alternatives to ClipMate for all platforms with any license

Platforms

Desktop

Show 18 less popular platforms
4.3 out of 5 with 3 ratings

ClipMate Comments

Comment by DavidQ
about ClipMate · Jun 2011 · Helpful Not helpful Report as spam

Clipmate operates as a last-in, first-out stack. (First-in, first-out is a "queue.") Seems most natural. It has the ability to append clips together, filter them, sort by date-time, title, etc. Search. I find it indispensable. I never just delete text anymore; instead I cut it so that I can get if back if I realize some time later that I need it.

reply

Comment by rcastro0
about ClipMate · Jun 2011 · Helpful Not helpful Report as spam

I just need a utility that will create a stack of cut-and-pastes (first in, first out) and not get in the way. Sort of Cut 3 times (A B C) then Paste 3 times and get (A B C) back. Simple as that. Will ClipMate do such a simple thing? Thanks

reply

Comment by DavidQ
about ClipMate · Jun 2011 · Helpful Not helpful Report as spam

Can't recall how I was introduced to ClipMate, but soon after I purchased a license and I keep it current. I can't manage without it. ClipMate is like one's brain; I probably use only 10% of its capabilities, but the other 90% doesn't get in my way, and when I need something special it is nice to have it available.

Now that I am contemplating a move to Linux, I'm looking for a Linux-based clipboard manager.

reply