Bromite is Chromium plus ad blocking and enhanced privacy; take back your browser.
Bromite is only available for Android v4.4 and above.
# Main features:
• baked-in adblock engine with filters from EasyList, EasyPrivacy, uBlock origin and others
• remove click-tracking and AMP from search results
• DNS-over-HTTPS support
• Proxy configuration with PAC and custom proxy lists support
• StartPage, DuckDuckGo and Qwant search engines
• chrome flags to disable custom intents and clear session on exit
• always-incognito mode
• removed privacy-unfriendly features
• privacy enhancement patches from Iridium, Inox patchset, Brave and ungoogled-chromium projects
• security enhancement patches from GrapheneOS project
• canvas, audio and other anti-fingerprinting mitigations
• import/export bookmarks
• allow playing videos in background
• all codecs included (proprietary, open H.264 etc.)
• AV1 codec support
• built with official speed optimizations... More Info »
# Does Google Sync work?
This is not a limitation of Bromite but of all Chromium-based projects in general, as general public is not allowed to use Google's APIs for free unless when using Chrome.
• Chromium project (https://www.chromium.org/Home ) and developers
• Iridium project (https://github.com/iridium-browser ) for some patches
• ungoogled-chromium (https://github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium ) for some patches
• GrapheneOS (https://github.com/GrapheneOS ) for some security patches
• Inox patchset (https://github.com/gcarq/inox-patchset ) for some patches (via ungoogled-chromium)
• Brave Browser (https://github.com/brave/browser-android-tabs ) for some patches
• nochromo for the original adblock patch
• Vadim Pleshkov (http://vadimpleshkov.me/ ) for Bromite's logo
# Filters credits
• EasyList (https://easylist.to/#easylist )
• EasyPrivacy (https://easylist.to/#easyprivacy )
• uBlock Origin (https://github.com/uBlockOrigin )