3D artists who are using popular modeling, animation and rendering packages find it very simple to integrate with Blacksmith3D (B3D). 2D artists find it very intuitive since it has a standard 2D paint application look & feel, yet it is true 3D.
• High resolution texture painting - (utilizing 64 bit technology) System RAM and CPU power are the only limiting factors. In other words, it does not depend on your 3D video card capabilities.
• Stacked Image Layers - just like your favorite 2D paint application! Create any number of layers, change the blending modes and strengths for ultimate texture compositions.
• Chisel Deformers - sculpt your models on the fly using Blacksmith3D's powerful new chisel deformers. Just like paint brushes, you can apply swift strokes in the viewport to bulge, smooth, flatten, sharpen and contour details that you never thought were possible. The Contour chisel is especially powerful, as it allows you to simply draw curves on the surface, automatically pulling in the surrounding vertices, creating detail where it was previously not possible.
• Real-time displacement/bump map painting and rendering. Paint directly on the displacement and/or bump maps and see the result in real time. What you see is what you get, since there is no need to bake your maps. Every brush stroke is immediately applied to the maps.
• Auto-UV Mapping – use the Paint Setup Wizard to auto-UV just about any object file with a single click. Ideally used with high resolution textures and with renderers that do not blur or rescale the textures to preserve the texture around the UV seams.
• Presets - Store tools, viewports and brush tiling as presets for rapid reuse during projects.
• Create your own Custom Hotkeys... More Info »
Blacksmith3D offers direct integration with nearly any other 3D applications because it imports and exports OBJ, FBX & CR2 file types & imports PP2 and DUF files and also has MAT & MOR exporting capabilities.