Link Shell Extension (LSE) provides for the creation of Hardlinks , Junctions , Volume Mountpoints , and Vistas Symbolic Links, (herein referred to collectively as Links) and a Folder Cloning process that utilizes Hardlinks or Symbolic Links. LSE, as its name implies is implemented as a Shell extension and is accessed from Windows Explorer, or similar file/folder managers. The extension allows the user to select one or many files or folders, then using the mouse, complete the creation of the required Links - Hardlinks, Junctions or Symbolic Links or in the case of folders to create Clones consisting of Hard or Symbolic Links. LSE is supported on all Windows versions that support NTFS version 5.0 or later, including Windows XP64, Vista and Windows7. Hardlinks, Junctions and Symbolic Links are NOT supported on FAT file systems, and nor is the Cloning and Smartcopy process supported on FAT file systems.
nomacs is a small, fast image viewer able to handle the most common image formats including RAW images. Additionally it is possible to synchronize multiple viewers. A synchronization of viewers running on the same computer or via LAN is possible. It allows to compare images and spot the differences (e.g. schemes of architects to show the progress).
Feed and news filters: new, unread, starred, deleted (for news until restart application) User filters Proxy configuration: automatic or manual Feed import wizard: Search feed URL if site URL was entered Embedded browser (Webkit core) Mark news starred Automatic update feeds: on startup, by timer Automatic cleanup on close using criteria Enable/Disable images in news preview Ability to quickly hide feed tree (for comfortable viewing) Open feed or news in own tab Quick news filter and quick search in browser Sound and/or Popup notification on new news Show new or unread news counter on tray icon Minimize on system tray: on start, on close, on minimize Import/Export feeds (OPML-files) Portable (Windows) Free working set (Windows) Shortcuts Check for updates Cross-platform Multilingual (English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Dutch, Farsi, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tajik, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese) Open-source ;)
Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded. The display consists of two sub-windows. The top always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that it is in. The unique capabilities make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.
A command-line installer for Windows.
Folder Size analyzes your hard drives and displays file and folder sizes so that you can easily check the distribution of your disk space. The application will display the sizes of the folders and files and also the percentage of the total disk size that they occupy in a bar graph or pie graph.
Folder Size can also analyze specific folders, if you don't need to scan your entire hard drive.
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake. Integrates into Explorer menu. At the moment LockHunter is in beta stage. So use it with care!
- Shows processes locking a file or folder.
- Gives you detailed information on the process.
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file.
- Can delete a file at next OS restart.
- Allows to kill locking process.
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive.
- Can unload DLLs from processes.
- Integrates in to Explorer menu.
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
IcoFX is an all-in-one solution for icon creation, extraction and editing. It is designed to work with Windows and Macintosh icons supporting transparency.
With a wealth of tools and more than 40 effects at your fingertips, there’s virtually no limit to the icons you can create. You can easily convert your favorite images into icons, or icons into images. IcoFX gives you the possibility to create icon libraries or change icons inside exe files. Create a favicon for your website or blog.
Convert your Macintosh icons to Windows icons and vice versa. With IcoFX you can extract icons from other files, including Windows and Macintosh files. You can easily work with multiple files using the batch processing capability of IcoFX.
Paint.NET is a free image and photo editing software. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
The app is completely free through a direct download on the website, though there is a small fee involved for access to the app through Windows Store.
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
The main features of 7-Zip
High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats Self-extracting capability for 7z format Integration with Windows Shell Powerful File Manager Powerful command line version Plugin for FAR Manager Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix and macOS.
FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization software that creates and manages backup copies of all your important files. Instead of copying every file every time, FreeFileSync determines the differences between a source and a target folder and transfers only the minimum amount of data needed. FreeFileSync is free on Windows, Linux and macOS and has an Open Source version for Linux.
Donation version available with these extra features:
- Parallel file copy
- Auto-updater (Windows)
- Portable version (ZIP)
- Silent installation
Donation amounts are calculated accordingly, e.g. a €20 donation corresponds to one year of updates, a €100 donation to 5 years of updates, etc. See: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donation-edition
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.
Virtualbox is available in 28 languages.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
Ditto is an extension to the standard Windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text, images, html, custom formats. 17 translations available.
Don't be confused with Ditto! (iOS messenger).
- Easy to use interface
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in list
- Full Unicode support (display foreign characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
- Uses sqlite database (www.sqlite.org)
SSH and SFTP client for Windows incorporates:
- one of the most advanced graphical SFTP clients;
- state-of-the-art terminal emulation with support for the bvterm, xterm, and vt100 protocols;
- support for corporation-wide single sign-on using SSPI (GSSAPI) Kerberos 5 and NTLM user authentication, as well as Kerberos 5 host authentication;
- support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management;
- powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities, including dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy;
- powerful command-line parameters which make the SSH client highly customizable and suitable for use in specific situations and controlled environments;
- an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client (sftpc);
- a scriptable command-line remote execution client (sexec) and a command-line terminal emulation client (stermc);
- an FTP-to-SFTP bridge allowing you to connect to an SFTP server using legacy FTP applications;
- Bitvise SSH Server remote administration features;
- single-click Remote Desktop forwarding.
WinSSHD is our SSH server for all Windows NT-series operating systems. Supported platforms include Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported. Even Windows NT4 is still supported by WinSSHD 4.
WinSSHD supports the following SSH services:
- Secure remote access via console (vt100, xterm and bvterm supported)
- Secure remote access via GUI (Remote Desktop or WinVNC required)
- Secure file transfer using SFTP and SCP (compatible with all major clients)
- Secure TCP/IP connection tunneling (port forwarding)
KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
grepWin is a simple search and replace tool which can use PCRE regular expressions to search for strings of text within files. grepWin adds an entry to the shell context menu to easily search selected folders. The use of regular expressions allows for a very powerful search and replace. You can replace all files that contain subfolders. Date, size, and file type can be specified. It can be linked to any editor.
- Dark theme