Technology is for the betterment of everyone’s lives, and this applies even more so for those with physical or mental disabilities. This category focuses on software that accommodates disabilities such as limited sight, impaired mobility, colorblindness, and much more.
- This application provides display and control of Android devices connected on USB and WiFi. It does not require any root access. It works on GNU/Linux, Windows and MacOS.
- Natural writing experience for taking handwritten notes on the go. Your smart digital notebook for mobile.
- Lend your sight to blind and low vision people through a live video connection, or receive assistance through the global network of volunteers.
- Shortcat is a keyboard tool for Mac OS X that lets you "click" buttons and control your apps with a few keystrokes. Think of it as Spotlight for the user interface.
- An onscreen keyboard useful for tablet PC users and for mobility impaired users.
- TYPO3 is an enterprise-class, open source CMS, used internationally to build and manage websites of all types, from small sites for non-profits to multilingual enterprise...
- Koa11y is a cross-platform desktop application for finding accessibility issues on public web pages.
- Dicom is a word completion program designed to make it easier to type words with fewer keystrokes in every app. It runs from the system tray and pops up word options after a configurable number of keystrokes.
- Do you need concentrated performance for more than one website? Do you want to include in the Contao existing IT infrastructure? Here, Contao shows what it can do:
- "Siri for Chrome" Completely control the browser without your hands -- say "google what movies are playing near me" to do a search, scroll up and down, click any link, open tabs, open your favorite sites and more all with just your voice.
- Glassbrick is a screen magnifier that makes zooming your screen quick and easy. It allows you to change the colours of your screen to enhance readability. It’s also customisable, lightweight, fast and efficient.
- Voice Dream Reader is a feature rich mobile TTS reader. All features are fully accessible with VoiceOver.
- The freeware program PAC provides a fast way to test the accessibility of PDF files. PAC supports both experts as well as end users conducting accessibility evaluations.
- WhoCanUse is a tool that brings attention and understanding to how color contrast can affect different people with visual impairments.
- On-Screen Keyboard Portable is a handy way to bring your settings for the Windows' built-in an-screenkeyboard with you from PC to PC.