The most popular alternative is Joplin, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to ZenWriter so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting ZenWriter alternatives are Typora (Free), FocusWriter (Free, Open Source), iA Writer (Paid) and Nuclino (Freemium).
- Q10 is a simple but powerful text editor designed and built with writers in mind.
- OmPad is a free, simple, powerful, beautiful and minimal writing app that helps you focus and concentrate on writing great content. Format your text with headings, bold, italic, links, images, lists, code and quotes.
- TheRightMargin is a smart writing tool.
TheRightMargin uses a goal-driven approach to help users finish what they write with smart suggestions, project goal breakdown, a visually delightful timeline and a beautiful writing space.
- Designed for creative writers, JotterPad is a plain text editor without the fuss and distraction of a word processor. It is perfect for writing books, novels, lyrics, poems, essays, drafts and screenplays.
- Calmly Writer is a professional text editor designed to focus on what you want to tell, with a simple, unobtrusive and distraction-free user interface.
- 750 Words is an online plain text editor with autosave and fullscreen edit options, 750 Words also lets you track your progress and earn points for achievements.
- A modern macOS markdown editor - themeable, tabs, sidebar, GitHub flavored markdown, exporting, latex and more.Features:* Themeable* Math support (LaTeX subset)
- 1Writer combines all the basic text editing features you would expect with all the advanced features you will ever need. Use 1Writer to write, research, revise, and share your ideas with maximum efficiency.
- For Mac users to write without distractions. WriteRoom is a full screen writing environment.
- PyRoom is a free editor that stays out your way - and keeps other things out of your way, too.