The Best Open Source ZBrush AlternativesTop 3D Modelers and other similar apps like ZBrush
Blender is the free and open-source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, video editing, and motion tracking.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Blender is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to ZBrush.
- - Blender is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to ZBrush.
- 3D SculptingBlender offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Blender, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- Animation RiggingBlender supports bone structures to manipulate a 3D model like a puppet for animation.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsBlender can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Ad-freeBlender doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Physically-Based RenderingPrecise rendering method for Blender to represent of how light interacts with material properties.
- Node BasedBlender supports node editing, a form of visual programming that gives you full control over the rendering.
- LightweightBlender consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Parametric ModelingBlender can change the shape of model geometry as soon as the dimension value is modified.
Comments about Blender as a Alternative to ZBrushMost users think Blender is a great ZBrush alternative.Guest
has been doing things Zbrush 2021 just implemented; also open source with community add-ons0Guest
it's free , more simple and has many other uses but it may not be as powerful as ZBrush in terms of performance or sculpting14Guest
Blender is superior in every regard. Plus it's everything even money can't buy. Additionally with Blender you can do everything you can make in ZBrush plus Ultra! And above all, it's free and open source-20
Bforartists is a complete 3D suite to create 3D content. It offers you the full 3D art pipeline to create game graphics, prerendered movies and stills.Suggest and vote on features
- Motion CaptureYou can capture and modify/animate faces, gestures, movements or objects within the Bforartists.
- 3D SculptingBforartists offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
- Keyframe AnimationCompositions can be keyframed in Bforartists, allowing you to change the parameters over time.
- Ad-freeBforartists doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- Dark ModeBforartists supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- LightweightBforartists consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
SculptGL is a browser-based 3d-modeling application.
- - SculptGL is the most popular Web-based alternative to ZBrush.
From GitHub: "DEVELOPMENT STOPPED I'm now working on Nomad Sculpt instead."
Opinions about SculptGL as a Alternative to ZBrushAlmost everyone thinks SculptGL is a great ZBrush alternative.
Armory is an open-source 3D game engine with full Blender integration, turning it into a complete game development tool. The result is a unified workflow from start to finish, making you work faster. No more jumping between different applications.Suggest and vote on features
Armory 3D Features
Comments about Armory 3D as a Alternative to ZBrushSome users think Armory 3D is a great ZBrush alternative, some don't.Guest
Zbrush is for sculpting primarily on the other hand armory is a game engine.9
Armory is a game engine not a sculpting software like Zbrush0
Dilay is an open source, easy to use 3D sculpting application. With an update, roughly, one every 2 weeks, it is well maintained.Suggest and vote on features
- 3D SculptingDilay offers tools to push, pull, smooth, grab or pinch to manipulate a 3D model.
Last commit 2018
CrackArt is a free open source 3D paint and texturing application that includes Texture Painting, Texture Baking, Procedural Materials and Textures, and much more.Discontinued
The domain is long dead and the SourceForge project has not been updated since 2013.
Model a virtual clay ball by pushing or pulling it with your fingers.
Many tools available: draw, smooth, flatten, paint, undo/redo, symmetry, ...
Imagine something, sculpt it and share with others.TrueSculpt has no features, suggest some!
Dead Deer is a 3D modeler, 3D game maker, and a 3D demo maker designed to create games.