Kodi Alternatives for Linux
There are many alternatives to Kodi for Linux if you are looking to replace it. The most popular Linux alternative is Stremio, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Kodi and many of them are available for Linux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Linux alternatives to Kodi are Plex (Freemium), Popcorn Time (Free, Open Source), Emby (Freemium) and Jellyfin (Free, Open Source).
- Media center allowing to watch movies, series, YouTube channels instantly. You can watch in HD, with subtitles, and easily cast any file to TV through DLNA, Chromecast, AppleTV! Stremio also gives you notifications for new episodes / movies.
- Plex bridges the gap between your computer and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
- Media Center plugin that presents your media with a simple, intuitive, and fast interface.
- Jellyfin is a personal media server and client.
- A personal music streaming server that works.
- PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding.
- OpenPHT is a community driven fork of Plex Home Theater.
- Browse, search, and preview your videos.
- Ever had a huge bookshelf full of shows and movies? Ever wanted to digitalize them, but didn't have a good way of organizing the files? Worry no more!
- Pith sits on a server or NAS. It scans your media for movies and tv shows and you access it through a modern web UI from your tablet, phone or PC.