uFocus is the first distraction-free writing application that lets you open all kinds of plain text files as well as directories, allowing you to structure your stories into chapters, articles, sections ... whatever you wish! Looking for an alternative to those heavy word processors? Seeking for freshness? You are on the right place to start.
In order to provide a clean writing environment that lets you easily type your stories, uFocus only supports reading and writing to plain text files. When opening a directory, you will be able to select any plain text file inside that directory (and inside any of its subdirectories) from the sidebar as if you were working on a single document, allowing you to partition your work. If you are writing a book, for example, you could create a file for every chapter and quickly open each file inside the same window. All features that are available for single documents are also supported and you can choose to print either a single file or the whole collection.... More Info »
What else is uFocus capable of?
- Unobtrusive interface: the title bar only appears when moving the mouse to the top of the window
- Text statistics such as character and word can be shown by clicking on the Info button in the title bar
- Markdown: easily add headings, quotes, ordered and unordered lists, italics and bold (keyboard shortcuts available). You can then export your documents to HTML, PDF, print them and copy the selection as rich text
- Highlights mode: you can stay even more focused by fading out all the text but the current sentence
- Simply jump from one sentence to the previous/next with CMD-LEFT/RIGHT
- Typewriter scrolling: automatically scrolls the text when you get on a new line
- NoWayBack mode: disable deletions and replacements if your greatest temptation is always to edit your text instead of writing
- iCloud, autosaving and Versions are also supported
- Choose between three different editor widths, four font sizes and a light and a dark theme