What is Toucan?
Toucan is a small portableapp utility allowing you to synchronise, backup and secure your data with more options than the built in suite utilities. It is split up into 7 tabs, allowing you to easily find the function that you want.
- Five synchronisation modes, Copy, Mirror, Equalise, Move and Clean. These can be combined with a variety of file checks such as File Size, Modified Time and a File Header Check to minimise the amount of copying needed.
- Backup and restore in industry standard zip and 7-zip files, with support for complete backups, updating existing backups and incremental backups, as well as restoring files from an archive.
- AES-256 encryption using ccrypt
- Command line support, translations to many languages.
- No VSS-Support
- A complete command line system allowing you to create new jobs and run existing ones from the command prompt or a batch file.
- A Rules system that allows you to easily exclude files based on their name, a regular expression, their modified date or file size.
- An advanced scripting system using the Lua programming language that allows complex scripts to be created, anything from a backup script that automatically uploads new backups to a script that synchronizes your files to a USB drive and then encrypts the sensitive files in case of loss.
- A large collect of in built Variables for basic functions such as the date and time or more complex variables that point to the drives label or documents directory. You can also define your own as short cuts to paths on your USB drive or your PC.
Toucan Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- Encrypted BackupToucan uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- Incremental BackupToucan supports incremental backups (only back up the changed or new-added data since the last backup).
- AES-256 EncryptionToucan has AES-256 Encryption, i.e. very strong security.
- PortableToucan can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Command line interfaceToucan either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Developed bySteve Lamerton
- LicensingOpen Source (GPL-2.0) and Free product.
- Written in
- RatingAverage rating of 2.5
- Alternatives64 alternatives listed
- 120 Stars
- 23 Forks
- 22 Open Issues
Our users have written 4 comments and reviews about Toucan, and it has gotten 34 likes