The most popular alternative is Terminator, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 7 alternatives to tmux so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting tmux alternatives are GNU Screen (Free, Open Source), byobu (Free, Open Source), dtach (Free, Open Source) and Wemux (Free, Open Source).
- Terminator, multiple terminals in one window. The goal of this project is to produce a useful tool for arranging terminals.
- Screen is a full-screen window manager that multiplexes a physical terminal between several processes, typically interactive shells.
- Byobu is a GPLv3 open source text-based window manager and terminal multiplexer.
- dtach is a tiny program that emulates the detach feature of screen, allowing you to run a program in an environment that is protected from the controlling terminal and attach to...
- wemux - Multi-User Tmux Made Easy
- mtm is the Micro Terminal Multiplexer, a terminal multiplexer.It has four major features/princples:Simplicity
- abduco provides session management i.e. it allows programs to be run independently from their controlling terminal.