What is WezTerm?
A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- Multiplex terminal panes, tabs and windows on local and remote hosts, with native mouse and scrollback
- Ligatures, Color Emoji and font fallback, with true color and dynamic color schemes.
- Searchable Scrollback
- xterm style selection of text with mouse; paste selection via Shift-Insert (bracketed paste is supported!)
- SGR style mouse reporting (works in vim and tmux)
- Render underline, double-underline, italic, bold, strikethrough (most other terminal emulators do not support as many render attributes)
- Configuration via a configuration file with hot reloading
- Multiple Windows
- Splits/Panes (currently only in the nightly builds)
- SSH client with native tabs
- Connect to serial ports for embedded/Arduino work
- Connect to a local multiplexer server over unix domain sockets
- Connect to a remote multiplexer using SSH or TLS over TCP/IP
- iTerm2 compatible image protocol support, and built-in imgcat command
- Sixel graphics support (experimental: starting in 20200620-160318-e00b076c)
Show full description ▾
Features Vote on or suggest new features
Comments and Reviews Post a comment / review all • positive • negative relevance • date
Our users have written 3 comments and reviews about WezTerm, and it has gotten 4 likes
- Developed by Wez Furlong
- Open Source and Free product.
- Written in
- Average rating of 5
- 80 alternatives listed
- 4,602 Stars
- 239 Forks
- 187 Open Issues
- Updated Jun 22, 2022
WezTerm was added to AlternativeTo byon Nov 14, 2019 and this page was last updated Feb 5, 2022.