Sioyek is a PDF viewer with minimal interface optimized for reading research papers and technical books.
- Free • Open Source
- PDF Reader
What is Sioyek?
- Ability to click on References and Figures in order to go to their definitions (event if the PDF document doesn't provide links)
- Ability to search all the previously opened documents
- Browser style history navigation
- Ability to mark locations within PDFs using symbols (similar to vim)
- Ability to create "portals" between different locations in a document. For example you can create a portal from a paragraph which is talking about a figure to the figure itself. Then when you navigate to the paragraph, the figure will be automatically displayed in a helper window.
- Dark Mode
- SyncTex support
- 4,929 Stars
- 151 Forks
- 117 Open Issues
Comments and Reviews
Said about Sioyek as an alternative
I love Sioyek because it has blazingly fast update time when a pdf modified. very suitable for latex with (n)vim/emacs user.
It's a minimalist PDF reader for programmers and other such nerds. Includes dark mode, keyboard navigation, and a minimalist UI that allows for great focus.
- PDF Reader
Vim-like navigation (hjkl, m marks).
As of Aug 24 2021 the developer is working on a Mac version and there is is a beta available for testing: https://github.com/ahrm/sioyek/issues/15