S.S.E. File Encryptor Alternatives
VeraCrypt is a free and libre source (open source) disk encryption software brought to you by https://www.idrix.fr
Suggest and vote on features
- - VeraCrypt is the most popular Windows, Mac & Linux alternative to S.S.E. File Encryptor.
- - VeraCrypt is the most popular Open Source & free alternative to S.S.E. File Encryptor.
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Suggest and vote on features
- - Cryptomator is the most popular Android, iPhone, iPad & Android Tablet alternative to S.S.E. File Encryptor.
- Encrypted BackupCryptomator uses encryption algorithms to keep your files safe as well as prevent unauthorized access.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Cryptomator without registration.
- Privacy focusedCryptomator is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- PortableCryptomator can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineCryptomator can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- End-to-End EncryptionCryptomator has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
- Ad-freeCryptomator doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Comments about Cryptomator as a Alternative to S.S.E. File Encryptorpros, cons and recent commentsGuest
Easy to use, open source, strong cryptography, works on Mac, Windows, Linux. Excellent project. And it's free.0Guest
Cryptomator gears up toward cloud encryption, while S.S.E is for local encryption.0
[TrueCrypt is not exactly "Open Source", but the source is available. See the reviews to get more information.]Suggest and vote on features
The development of TrueCrypt was ended in 5/2014 after Microsoft terminated support of Windows XP. Windows 8/7/Vista and later offer integrated support for encrypted disks and virtual disk images. Such integrated support is also available on other platforms. You should migrate any data encrypted by TrueCrypt to encrypted disks or virtual disk images supported on your platform.
Picocrypt is a very small (hence Pico), very simple, yet very secure encryption tool that you can use to protect your files. It's designed to be the go-to tool for encryption, with a focus on security, simplicity, and reliability.Suggest and vote on features
LUKS is the standard for Linux hard disk encryption. By providing a standard on-disk-format, it does not only facilitate compatibility among distributions, but also provides secure management of multiple user passwords.LUKS has no features, suggest some!
DroidFS is an alternative way to use encrypted overlay filesystems on Android that uses its own internal file explorer instead of mounting virtual volumes. It currently only works with gocryptfs but support for CryFS could be added in the future.Suggest and vote on features
- Privacy focusedDroidFS is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- Works OfflineDroidFS can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No TrackingDroidFS will not track you or use your personal data.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in DroidFS without registration.
- Ad-freeDroidFS doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- End-to-End EncryptionDroidFS has E2E Encryption, for entire or parts of the app.
AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for encrypting files using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).Suggest and vote on features
AES Crypt Features
AxCrypt is a simple file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with your workflow to encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with files.Suggest and vote on features
Encrypto lets you encrypt files before sending them to friends or coworkers. Just drop a file into Encrypto, set a password, and then send it however you normally would — but this time with added security. It’s free for both Mac and Windows.Suggest and vote on features
Welcome to ZenCrypt. With this app, you can safely encrypt files, using a secure and efficient library.Suggest and vote on features
Boxcryptor is an easy-to-use encryption software optimized for the cloud. It allows the secure use of cloud storage services without sacrificing comfort.Suggest and vote on features
Boxcryptor has been acquired by Dropbox on November 29, 2022, and is no longer accepting new users. https://www.boxcryptor.com/en/blog/post/boxcryptor-and-dropbox-user-info/
- - Hat.sh is the most popular Web-based alternative to S.S.E. File Encryptor.