The most popular alternative is UNetbootin, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to Rufus so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Rufus alternatives are balenaEtcher (Free, Open Source), YUMI (Free, Open Source), dd (Free, Open Source) and MultiBootUSB (Free, Open Source).
- Cross-platform tool to create bootable USB drive or create Live USB drives with built-in downloader for Linux ISO images and rescue disks.
- balenaEtcher is a free and open-source image burner with support for Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux. It makes USB and SD card image burning as simple and fast as possible.
- YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to our MultibootISOs. It can be used to create a Multiboot Bootable USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more.
- Command-line utility for Unix and Unix-like operating systems to convert and copy a file.
- Cross-platform utility for creating live Linux distro multi-boot USBs nondestructively.
- Universal USB Installer is a Live Linux USB Creator that allows you to choose from a selection of Linux Distributions to put on your USB Flash Drive.
- Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO files.
- WoeUSB is a simple tool that enable you to create your own usb stick windows installer from an iso image or a real DVD. It is a fork of Congelli501 s WinUSB.
- Flexible and configurable USB drive multiboot solution which also supports UEFI booting.
- LiLi USB Creator is a free software for Windows that allows you to create a bootable Live USB key with a Linux on it.