What is Rofi?
Rofi started as clone of simpleswitcher, written by Sean Pringle a popup window switcher roughly based on superswitcher. Simpleswitcher laid the foundations and therefor Sean Pringle deserves most of the credit for this tool. Rofi, renamed as it lost the simple property, has been extended with extra features, like a run-dialog, ssh-launcher and can act as a drop-in dmenu replacement, making it a very versatile tool. Rofi, like dmenu, will provide the user with a textual list of options where one or more can be selected. This can either be, running an application, selecting a window or options provided by an external script.
Rofi Desktop Screenshots and Videos
- LightweightRofi consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Command line interfaceRofi either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Support for ThemesYou can use themes and templates to change the look and feel of Rofi.
- Support for scriptingRofi supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- LicensingOpen Source and Free product.
- RatingAverage rating of 4.3
- Alternatives23 alternatives listed
Our users have written 3 comments and reviews about Rofi, and it has gotten 21 likes