PuTTY Alternatives for Mac
PuTTY is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The most popular Mac alternative is OpenSSH, which is both free and Open Source. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 50 alternatives to PuTTY and many of them are available for Mac so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting Mac alternatives to PuTTY are ZOC (Paid), Termius (Freemium), Terminus (Free, Open Source) and PowerShell (Free, Open Source).
- OpenSSH is a free version of the SSH connectivity tools that technical users rely on.
- ZOC is a powerful and well-established terminal emulator and telnet client, well known for its outstanding user interface with tabbed multi session support.
- Termius is more than a mere SSH client – it’s a complete command-line solution that’s redefining remote access for sysadmins and network engineers.
- Cross-platform, Electron-based terminal that works with Bash, Powershell, Cygwin and more.
- PowerShell (including Windows PowerShell and PowerShell Core) is a task automation and configuration management framework from Microsoft, consisting of a command-line shell and associated scripting language built on the .NET Framework.
- Royal TS provides easy and secure access to your remote systemsUnlock the power to remotely manage your systemson multiple platforms!
- Secure Shell is an xterm-compatible terminal emulator and stand-alone ssh client for Chrome.
- SecureCRT combines rock-solid terminal emulation with the strong encryption, data integrity, and authentication options of the Secure Shell protocol.
- Rxvt-unicode is a highly customizable terminal emulator forked from rxvt.
- SSH Proxy can help you turn any remote SSH server into a SOCKS v5 proxy, intuitive and easy to use.