The most popular alternative is Adobe Dimension. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try LuxCoreRender or appleseed. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 42 alternatives to POV-Ray so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting POV-Ray alternatives are RenderMan (Free Personal), Mitsuba (Free), Kerkythea (Free) and Sunflow Rendering System (Free, Open Source).
- Octane Render is the world's first GPU based, un-biased, physically based renderer. What does that mean?
- Pixie is an open source RenderMan renderer for generating photorealistic images.
- Freestyle is a software for Non-Photorealistic Line Drawing rendering from 3D scenes.
- A free Terrain Synthesizer and RendererPicogen is an outdoor ray tracing system, a free Terrain Synthesizer and Renderer targeting large-scale terrain with realistic...
- A C++ based, cross platform ray tracing library.
- Thea Render is a state-of-the-art biased/unbiased renderer with a rich set of innovative features, a powerful material system and its own advanced studio, all-in-one.
- Fragmentarium is an open source, cross-platform IDE for exploring pixel based graphics on the GPU.
- Twilight Render, one of the photorealistic 3D rendering systems for SketchUp,
- YafaRay is a free open-source montecarlo raytracing engine released under the LGPL 2.1 license. Raytracing is a rendering technique for generating realistic images by tracing the path of light through a 3D scene.
- NOX Renderer is a rendering software based on unbiased methods.The renderer is available as a standalone Windows executable with a plug-in to link it to 3ds Max.