The most popular alternative is MATLAB. It's not free, so if you're looking for a free alternative, you could try Circuit Simulator or Spyder. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked 37 alternatives to OpenModelica so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. Other interesting OpenModelica alternatives are SciPy & Numpy (Free, Open Source), Xcos (Free, Open Source), LTspice (Free) and Circuit Simulator (CircuitJS1) (Free, Open Source).
- Enterprise-class computing environment and programming language for numerical computation.
- Animated electronic circuit simulator using ideal components to visualize voltage and current.
- Spyder (previously known as Pydee) is a free open-source Python development environment providing MATLAB-like features in a simple and light-weighted software, available for...
- SciPy (pronounced "Sigh Pie") is open-source software for mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Xcos is a graphical editor to design hybrid dynamical systems models. Models can be designed, loaded, saved, compiled and simulated.FeaturesPalettes Browser
- LTspice IV is a high performance Spice III simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators.
- It is a circuit simulator on a virtual breadboard. it supports virtual components like microcontrollers, TTL, graphical and alphanumerical LCDs and others in addition to virtual instruments and certainly the basic components (resistors, capacitors..).
- Graphical frontend for GNU Octave. Edit formulas in
native mathematical notation. Available / tested for
Linux x586 / x86_64, WinXP, Vista, and MacOS.
- COMSOL Multiphysics is an engineering, design, and finite element analysis software environment for the modeling and simulation of any physics-based system.